Gifts That Make an Impact Now
When you support American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) with a gift that makes an impact now, you are confronting denial and indifference, today and for future generations.
Recommend a grant now from your Donor-Advised Fund
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your Donor-Advised Fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to ASYV. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of safeguarding and imparting the memory of the victims and the events of the Shoah period. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the American Society for Yad Vashem.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the American Society for Yad Vashem so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Yad Vashem, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from IRA Accounts in the year 2020 as part of the CARES Act in response to COVID-19. Please consider seeking advice from your financial advisor or tax professional to understand how recent changes to laws governing retirement plans may impact you and your charitable gift.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and create a better future for all people.
Gifts of Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV). You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to keep the history of the Holocaust relevant for the benefit of future generations. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
American Society for Yad Vashem
500 Fifth Avenue, 42nd Floor
New York, NY 10110-4299
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Complimentary Planning Resources are Just a Click Away!
Your Giving Toolkit
Need assistance? We're here to help!
The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.